Sunday, November 2, 2008

Intro

So, this is my first blog post ever. I was first introduced to bloggin by my sister-in-law, Jennifer. She started a blog about her family and day-to-day living. I have loved reading her posts and find it to be a great way to keep up with everything that is going on with her family (her blog can be found at http://asteelersfamily.blogspot.com/ ). Ever since she started her blog, I have been thinking that I should start one too, to help everyone keep up with what my family is up to. However, I never got around to it.

Then, a few weeks ago, at our kids' school Carnival, my husband and I were visiting with our son's football coach. He mentioned that he is an author and has a blog. His blog can be found at http://www.traviserwin.blogspot.com/ , and is about his writing, his family, his job, and other day-to-day stuff. After reading his blog, my husband has been encouraging (read as "nagging" or "hounding") me to start a blog of my own. And who says that women are the ones to nag...

So, here it is. My very own blog. Kinda scary that they'll let just anyone have one of these :) And since it is my 1st ever post on my 1st ever blog, I figure I better let everyone know who I am...

My name is Rebecca. I have been married to Toby (aka the Nagger) for 10 years. We have 2 kids. Aaron is 6 and Sadie is 3 and they both attend school at St. Mary's. They both have great (and very different) personalities, and I'm sure as this blog grows up, you'll discover that for yourself.

I work as a nursing instructor at a local college. This is my 3rd career. My first career was as a high school math teacher and coach. My 2nd career was as a labor and delivery nurse. And now, this. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but Toby says that I can't go back to school ever again...We'll see about that.

Toby works as an engineer for the railroad. This is his 2nd career. His first was as an adult probation officer. So see...I've only had one more career change than he has...what's he complaining about???

So, that's us in a nutshell. Now, I just have to decide if I want to let my friends and family know about this blog...do I really want everyone I know to be able to read this? I'm sure I'll eventually get up the courage to tell them about it. Otherwise, there probably won't be anyone else to read this blog...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yea! You did it! I am so happy to have another blog to follow! You will have so much fun blogging! It almost becomes addicting... so beware! :)

Travis Erwin said...

Welcome to the blog world! I look forward to reading your posts.