Well, Black Friday has come and gone. I meant to post last week to rant about how disappointed I was in the deals this year. Best Buy's ad was appalling! Luckily, WalMart's ad was okay, and since they price match, I was able to prevent the need to go to a lot of stores that had only 1 or 2 items I wanted. So, here's a recap of how the day went...
Turkey day...My mom, 2 sisters, and myself made the final plans. My sisters would get everything at WalMart that we all wanted, while me and mom would work together at Kohls and then Target. We gave each other our lists, and got a few hours of sleep before the big day.
Friday...I woke up at 2:45 and took a quick bath. Then, I began the layering process: pantyhose, running tights, long johns, sweatpants, pajama pants, lined wind pants; 3 pairs of socks; a long-sleeved t-shirt, 2 sweatshirts, 2 jackets, and my coat. I also had my gloves and a toboggan from The Red Dog Saloon in Juneau. Grabbed some Visine, the walkie-talkies and cell phone, and headed out to Kohls (they opened at 4). Got in line, told mom that she could look around for about 5 minutes, but then she needed to get in line. She didn't believe me, and instead waited until I was done grabbing the things we all needed there, and then got in line. So, we stayed in line for close to 45 minutes. After we checked out, we went and got in line outside of Target.
Target: The Hell of Black Friday. Target always sucks on Black Friday. First, the electronics and toys are right next to each other, and those are the 2 most congested areas of any store on BF. Our plan there...mom grabbed a cart and got the movies we wanted there. I went (cartless) to the electronic section and grabbed the things we needed there. Mom and I were supposed to meet back in toys, and mom was supposed to use the walkie-talkie to let me know when she got to toys. However, she didn't realize she was using it incorrectly, so that plan failed. Finally, we found each other. Pushing carts in that section was impossible, so mom went to the kitchen section to get what we needed there, and then got in line. I waited in the toy section while a Target minion...I mean employee...went to the back to get a toy that they had more of in the back. Why on earth would they not have out all of their advertised toys out is beyond me. So we had to wait for her to fight the crowds to get to the backroom, drink a few lattes, take a nap, read a novel, do her nails, and then fight her way back through the crowds with the toy. Then, I went a got in line with mom. People were cutting in line, so it was a pretty slow line. I took this time to go to the bathroom and strip down to a single layer. Checked out, and then waited in line to get out of the parking lot...mass chaos.
Then it was to the mall, Walmart (a different one than my sisters had gone to) to look for a few missing items, Guitar World, Old Navy, Lowes, and Hastings. Then, the 4 of us met at my sister's to divvy-up our spoils and pay each other. Then, lunch at Ruby Tequilas and a nap. My car is still loaded with all my goodies. I am not sure where they will end up. I was going to wrap some of them, but our tree is not up yet, and most of the toys are in those half-boxes that can't be easily wrapped. Maybe I'll carry them up to the attic later today...
I hope you guys all had a fruitful Black Friday! I also hope that next year will have better ads :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
2 comments:
i bet it would piss you off that walmart on grand had several of the sale items at 10:45 when i stopped on my way to work. i didn't even get out that early. nothing that i needed was on sale. darn my luck.
I finally ventured out about noon thirty and bought the boys some shoes, but luckily our shopping has been mostly done for weeks.
Post a Comment