Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Report Card

Well, I just got to look over Aaron's report card. He improved in almost every area, stayed the same in a few. and the only area he scored lower was in PE. So overall, I was extremely pleased, and Toby and I both praised him for his hard work and encouraged him to keep up the good work.

In regards to my previous post...I am not as overly excessive as it may seem...at least not outwardly. I temper my desire for my kids to be the best with a lesson I learned in Jr. High. That lesson is that we all are wonderfully, uniquely blessed be God with a variety of gifts and talents. We are not all blessed with the same gifts and talents, and that's a good thing. We must learn to work together, sharing our gifts with each other for the good of everyone. I know this, and this is what I remind myself of as the *crazy mom* starts to come out in me. I just wish my kids came with "product specs" that listed their individual gifts. Toby says he wishes that they just came with an Easy Button, like the Staples commercials.

On another note, since I haven't posted much about Sadie, I will mention that she is currently having a wardrobe malfunction. Those of you who know her are well aware that she has a difficult time keeping her pants up. They tend to show her *crackers* quite often. I guess I need to cinch up that pair of jeans another notch or two...

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

His football coach gives him an A, but then again I'm a softy so they all got A's.